Skip to main content

My Photos, My Memories

This week we discussed our opinions on whether there is such a thing as taking too many photos and how the computer mode of storage can be a gamble. For me, there is never too many photos in my phone and computer. I love looking through them and looking back at all the amazing things I've done. People make comments about how it just takes up space or how useless it is to have so many. But I look at my pictures monthly and sometimes weekly. I enjoy having them there and they bring me comfort somehow. I like the memories and feelings I have when I look at them. Most of the time I'm disappointed I don't have more pictures to look back on. When I'm in the moment, taking a photo isn't the first thing I think of so I often don't get as many as I want. I enjoy looking back on the places I've been and things I've done and how I've changed. I think looking back on these things gives me a sense of introspection. I can look at myself and remind myself of all the cool things I've done and who it has made me. This past summer I lived in Madrid for a month and I feel like it never even happened until I look at the pictures I took. These bring me happiness and I am beyond happy I have them. Even more, I love having pictures of my little sister. She is 2 now and the pictures let me look back at her first days and I can share them with my step-mom. We love having them to watch her development and the changes we don't see every day. But one scary thought I have is the fact they may one day be inaccessible. I'm still old school for the most part and have polaroids and get some of my photos developed, but a majority of them sync from my phone to my computer. If I ever lose my computer, I would lose all of these photos. The cloud is a mystery to me and I feel very behind the times that I never figured it out. But it is true that I would be in trouble when it's gone. I keep thinking of investing an external hard drive but then forget. It may be embarrassing to say, but these photos feel like an extension of myself and if I lose them I would be devastated. I love my photos so much I often delete apps, numbers, and more just to have more space on my phone. In all, my photos are who I am and what I have been through. I love having them and I never think that someone can have too many. I love my memories and my photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Blog: Pinterest

Overall, I believe our project worked out well and incorporated the technology into our presentation. The site itself helped us due to its broad uses like sharing. We were able to cite our references directly to the site in which we found them by Pinterest's tool of embedding. In addition, we could pin examples to further justify our arguments and findings. It was easy for us to switch back and forth to complete our portions of the project as well with the easy surfing of the site. We had a little bit of trouble with including our SlideShare slides as the links didn't want to work. I feel as though the internet connection was a bit of a hindrance not necessarily Pinterest itself. I feel as though we could have maybe organized our Boards and Pins a little bit better as they were somewhat unorganized, but I feel it was not a major issue to our project. In addition, I think we could have done a better job of highlighting negative consequences. I feel like I may have not accurately...

Public Shaming is Shameful

The idea of publicly shaming your child online is truly puzzling to me. I don’t see how making the punishment public helps the child learn any valuable lesson at all. The fact that a parent would consider this a good punishment reveals significant issues within their own self. I feel that doing so signifies the trauma they probably endured as a child and how their parents may have treated them. I think the parents are not acting to better their child’s behavior but to humiliate and “prove” some point they feel necessary. I think they want praise and kudos for their hard and “thoughtful” punishment. What’s sad is that many parents jump on these posts and love the “creative” punishment these parents have come up with. It’s scary that this many individuals with children agree with such measures. But really it’s more than likely a reflection of their childhood, which they couldn’t control. However, they can control their parenting and should realize the damage public shaming could have on ...

The Internet's Good Side

We often talk about the internet as a good thing that can be used badly. The possibilities for good within the internet are abundant but they only gain attention rarely. More often we see the negative consequences of type happy trolls spread across the world wide web. But nowadays we have dozens of possibilities to do good in the world through the web. From GoFundMe to the Ice Bucket Challenge people are raising money and awareness. While some argue that it's not real altruism, I believe that it is helping the world in great ways. I think the internet provides a larger platform for people to connect and join together. I feel that it makes it easier for people to build a network and get their message out. The internet provides a place for just about anything to happen and it can reach way beyond the small confines of social groups. Websites like GoFundMe are crucial for organizations and individuals to reach out in times of need. However, like anything, this can have negat...